Please exercise care and good common sense in the use and occupancy of your home. Take care to
keep it clean, neat and orderly. If you have any questions about operating any appliances, plumbing or
heating system, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We will be happy to assist you.
Keep a spare key with a family or friend because our lock out fees have increased. If you are now locked
out, there is a fee of $100.00 during normal business hours and $175.00 after 5pm, weekends and
- Web Portal – You can pay online through the web portal for a small fee.
- Clear Now – always free and we just need the clear now form completed and a voided check. We take
the funds out of your account on the 1st of the month.
- Payment directly to the bank – we will give you the bank information by private email.
- Old fashion Check or Money order – Add a $20.00 fee if it is mailed or dropped off at our office.
Our address is
DRS Sumner Companies, Inc.
610 Edmondson Avenue
Catonsville, MD 21228
Thank you for considering us for your housing needs. Please review the information carefully as we want
to make this an easy experience for you. For the fastest service please click here to Apply Now.
Complete the application in full and pay attention to additional documents we may need.
- Copy of a valid driver’s license or state identification
- Two recent paystubs or an employment offer letter
- If self-employed, 2 recent bank statements showing your average daily balance
- Be prepared to make a payment of $40.00 through the application portal to complete your application.
You can apply before viewing but if you want to view a property first please text 410.402.4070 or
call 410.719.7199 and leave a message. The message comes directly to our cell phones so always leave
a message and we will return your call in most cases within the hour.
Once you have viewed the property and you are interested make sure you Apply Now.
- Application fee of $40.00 (non-refundable) paid online
- Credit Rating Cause for Denial – Eviction, Bankruptcy (less than 2 years) Lawsuit (over $5,000)
- Income – 2.5x the Rent is needed; some exceptions apply
- Background Cause for Denial – Felonies in the last 7 years
Please note the following:
- Applicants are screened on a first-come, first qualified basis. At an Open House, all applications are
considered given at the same time. These applications will be processed and the best application will be
- Applicants are required to sign the lease within 3 business day following the application approval
notification or priority placement will be forfeited.
- Residents must obtain Renter’s Liability Insurance or sign a waiver prior to move-in
- A property shall be considered available until the lease is signed by all the leases and shall be
understood to be under a contingent contract.
- We are pet friendly. Please click here to read our pet policy
- If the move-in date is not on the first day of the month, then the partial month’s rent will be prorated based
on a daily rent of 1/30 of the total monthly rent.
- If there is more than one applicant in your group, all applications must be received together and
completed before we will begin to process them.
Rent the Property
Once your application is approved, you will receive a welcome email from us to open your online web
portal where you can make your security deposit payment online. We accept check or credit cards. Once
we receive the deposit, we will prepare the paperwork for your electronic signature.